Tony Curtis is a Chartered Accountant with a lot of experience working in a public practice environment. He is the Principal of Anthony Curtis & Co, a medium-sized accounting firm with offices based in Deakin in the ACT. He established the practice in 1992, and it has grown to service a client base exceeding 3,300.
Tony has broad experience in public practice accounting including, but not limited to:
- Managing and developing a thriving public accounting practice currently with 22 staff
- Building lasting relationships with clients across the ACT Community and beyond
- Developing and implementing effective tax planning strategies for businesses and individual clients
- Producing relevant financial reports and analysing complex business situations
- Delivering accounting services under Government contract
- Delivering payroll solutions for clients and auditing self-managed Superannuation Funds
- Developing and implementing strategies, processes and controls that reduce costs and significantly improve Profit & Loss scenarios
- Establishing and automating best practice accounting systems and processes
Tony is currently on the Board or a Trustee of:
- Sharing Places Inc, an organisation operating out of the Pearce Community Centre that annually provides 90,000 hours of care for people with disabilities
- Pegasus Riding for the Disabled, a not-for-profit community organisation that provides equestrian activities for people with disabilities
- The Enable Trust, established to assist individuals with varying disabilities to transition into valued roles within the ACT community
- Oncology Massage, a nationally and internationally accredited not for profit training charity dedicated to training fully qualified massage and Bowen therapists to treat those with a diagnosis or history of cancer effectively and safely
- GB (ACT) Pty Ltd, the trustee company for The Gordon Ross Foundation, which operates as a registered charity supporting a number of other charitable institutions.
- Chartered Accountant, 1993
- Tax Agent Certification, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts (Accounting), Canberra College of Advanced Education, 1987
Tony is a keen supporter of the Sydney Swans Australian Rules Football Club. He has also been active with the Weston Creek Wildcats Australian Rules Football Club, and the ACT Masters Super (Australian) Rules Football Competition.