The Hub delivers executive coaching for success and balance according to the Hub Coaching Model. The Hub has transformed people with significant potential who may have lost their way into focused motivated and productive operators using sensitive coaching techniques. The Hub has coached in the following areas:
- Career Planning
- Performance Development
- Personal Productivity (efficiency and effectiveness)
- Transition Planning.
For further information, check out a piece of Hub Wisdom on the topic.
For the Organisation
Staff in today’s organisations – from the top to the bottom – periodically need the opportunity to stop and reflect on their career situation. An experienced coach can:
- Focus on the needs of the client
- Customise the approach to align with what the client wants to achieve
- Explore, listen, observe, and encourage client self-discovery
- Ask the right questions at the right time without fear or favour
- Hold the client responsible and accountable for their own development.
Increasingly, staff managers and corporate HR program managers are seeking coaches external to their organisations because:
- External coaches are experienced independent and impartial
- Staff are more likely to open up about barriers to their performance
- Managers may not have the time or the skills to coach their staff
For the Individual
Individuals are also increasingly looking for assistance from a wide variety of coaches – some wanting a training program to get fit, and some just want an independent and impartial person who does not have an axe to grind with whom to discuss options.
The Hub does not provide the former – you don’t ever want to see us out on the training track – but we have coached a number of individuals either in transition or with specific challenges including:
- A Board Chair who wanted to “let his organisation’s CEO go” and recruit a new CEO with a completely different skillset
- A restauranteur in a difficult period of personal and business transition who was surrounded by well-meaning business colleagues and family members who all had expectations about her needs
- A very talented senior manager in a particularly narrow field who was unsure whether to stay in the public service or go out consulting
- A 300-game one-club AFL footballer who was having trouble coming to terms with being delisted.
The Hub’s coaching strategy is as follows:
- Establish a safe and supportive coaching relationship, and help find ways of opening up the conversation
- Encourage the client to be self-reliant and personally accountable for their career performance improvement and development
- Actively listen to the client, respectfully explore areas of sensitivity, and manage rather than avoid emotionally charged situations
- Explore different coaching styles and tools, and implement the most suitable approach for each individual client
- Compare and contrast personal, career and organisational goals and expectations, and explore where tension may exist
- Coach for executive performance where performance may be improved, then progressively focus on executive development
- Coach for successful executive skills, competencies and behaviours rather than technical job-specific knowledge
- Know the differences and boundaries between coaching and counselling, and know when to refer clients to other support professionals.
The Hub is particularly skilled in working with clients in STEM (science, technology, engineering & mathematics) and in the not-for-profit & community sectors. The Hub has coached a number of individuals and in a number of different organisations including:
- ACT Deafness Resource Centre
- ACTEW Corporation
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Business Volunteers
- Australian Geological Survey Organisation**
- Australian Nursing & Midwives Accreditation Council
- Australian Taxation Office
- Federal Department of Defence
- Federal Department of Health & Ageing
- Federal Department of Immigration & Border Protection
- Mental Health Australia
- RESULTS International (Australia).
* Now part of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
** Now Geoscience Australia, and formerly the Bureau of Mineral Resources, Geology & Geophysics
When you’re ready to talk, we’re ready to listen – so contact the Hub!